10 Oct Only Food Padova
>> Book now! <<
Organized by Padova Terme Euganee Convention & Visitors Bureau within the project “Come to Padova and Discover Expo 2015” by Camera di Commercio and special agency Padova Promex, Only Food Padova is a special event that enriches the program of the fourth edition of Detour. Travel Film Festival attracting cinephiles, travellers and lovers of gastronomy!
Only Food Padova will take place in the morning of Friday 16 October at 9.30am, at cinema PORTOastra, Sala Fronte del Porto, and will be composed of two parts :
– a round table on themes related to the connection between travel and gastronomy, tourism and local tastes. It will be attended by:
- Maurizio Drago, journalist and food and wine tourist, who will introduce the paths of Italian food and wine tourism and will share some curiosities and peculiriarities of the territory;
- Erminio Alajmo, President of Appe (Associazione Provinciale Pubblici Esercizi), who will illustrate the activities of Appe, especially those related to the proposals of Vegetarian Creativity and of his activity as restaurateur;
- Stefano Polato, chef of the Campiello Restaurant in Monselice and manager of Space Food Lab of Argotec (TO), well-known as the “space cook”, who will share his experience and the values he brings into cooking: taste, welfare, health, friendship and good company;
- Anna Franco, Presidente of Padova Terme Euganee Convention & Visitors Bureau, who will present the tourism promotion Only Food Padova.
– coming next is the Italian premiere of the feature film The Trip to Italy, a road trip through Italy with the irresistible comedy team composed by Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, directed by Michael Winterbottom (screening in the original language with English subtitles).
Book your free ticket to the round table and the screening by following this link. Free entry subject to availability.
Only Food Padova is the title of the fourth touristic offer by Padova Terme Euganee Convention & Visitors Bureau in collaboration with local tour operators. This new tourism promotion is dedicated to food travellers and offers a selection of restaurants, farmhouses and bakeries in the territory of Padua where to taste unique flavours which remind of their origin and tell about their production places. Only Food Padova comes after the previous offers realized by Paduan DMO which were dedicated to a cultural weekend in Padua (Only Weekend Padova), a weekend in the Euganean Thermal Area (Only Weekend Wellness) and bike tourism (Only Bike Padova).
The claim of Only Food Padova, “here everything is very buono”, espresses the invitation to any kind of tourist to experience a satisfying holiday in our territory, connecting the visit with a food experience choosing among a series of bars and restaurants in Padua, in the surrounding walled cities, at the Euganean Spas and in the whole province. At the bottom of this touristic offer there’s the respect for values such as quality, authenticity, professionalism, kindness and uniqueness of the products. Participants sign a disciplinary agreement on the use of products of their own production, or of the area, and the offer of two menus: a forfait for the tasting of local products and another one à la carte. A selection of food friendly accommodations, such as hotels, B&Bs and farmhouses are backing the offer of Only Food Padova and will suggest tourists the best places and specialities for them.